‘AUDAX CLUB PARISIEN created in 1961 a distinction in order to reward the hikers who completed on his events a distance of 5000 kilometers. This distinction names RANDONNEUR 5000 . It is concretized by a medal offered gracefully and of a diploma numbered by order of attribution. The year is that of the date of the last test carried out obtain it:
CONDITION: Within four years, day for day, between the first and the last test, the candidate with “RANDONNEUR 5000” must have carried out: – the full series of ACP Brevets: 200, 300, 400, 600, 1000 km
– a PARIS-BREST-PARIS hikers, is 1200km
– an approved FLECHE VELOCIO : The achieved mileage is used (360 km minimum of 24 hours). At least 3 riders must finish the Flèche (you cannot individually claim for your ridden mileage if your team was not successful)
International randonneurs can ride a Flèche Nationale homologated by the ACP and organized in accordance with the rules for the Flèche Vélocio.
The kilometric balance to add up at least the 5000 kilometers can be obtained only on the following events :
– Flèche nationale on traditional course in condition of being realized of GOLD category or SILVER. An Flèche of less than 200 km is not valid.
– Brevets Randonneurs Mondiaux.
– Flèche Vélocio or Flèche nationale approved.
– Trace Vélocio or approved.
– Randonneurs Mondiaux 1200 km and more (Brevets organized in the Countries Foreign and approved by LES RANDONEURS MONDIAUX).
To in no case these Brevets cannot replace the B.R.M. of 1000km.
For more information about Randonneur 5000, click here to visit the official ACP website.
Fifty years after the RANDONNEUR 5000, the AUDAX CLUB PARISIEN creates a new award for those randonneurs who have completed 10,000 km in ACP events. This award is called the Randonneur 10000. Awarded randonneurs receive the R-10000 medal and diploma. They are numbered from the beginning.
QUALIFYING EVENTS The qualifying events must be completed within a six year period, beginning on the date of the first qualifying event.
To qualify for this award, the randonneur must complete :
– 2 full series of ACP brevets (200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000 km) – Longer brevets cannot be substituted for shorter ones
– 1 PARIS-BREST-PARIS Randonneur
– Another 1200 km + event homologated by Les Randonneurs Mondiaux
– 1 FLECHE VELOCIO or National Arrow
The achieved mileage is used (i.e. if the team went further than the minimum qualifying distance of 360 km). At least 3 riders must finish the Flèche (you cannot individually claim for your ridden mileage if your team was not successful). International randonneurs can ride a Flèche Nationale homologated by the ACP and organized in accordance with the rules for the Flèche Vélocio.
– 1 SUPER RANDONNEE i.e. a permanent of 600 km and at least 10,000 m (32.800 ft) of climbing, homologated by the Audax Club Parisien, ridden in the Randonneur division.
No Brevet can be substituted for another.
The events used to apply for the Randonneur 5000 can be used to apply for the Randonneur 10000.
To bring the total distance up to at least 10,000 km, following ACP events are accepted :
– Brevets des Randonneurs Mondiaux (BRMs).
– 1200+ events homologated by Les Randonneurs Mondiaux. These 1200 km events cannot take the place of the ACP 1000 km brevet.
– Flèche Vélocio or Flèche Nationale.
– Super Randonnée.
– Flèche de France (ACP permanents), if they are ridden on one of the established routes and in the Gold or Silver division. The Flèche de Dieppe is not acceptable since it is shorter than 200 km.
For more information, click here to visit the official ACP website.