Fifty years after the RANDONNEUR 5000, the AUDAX CLUB PARISIEN creates a new award for those randonneurs who have completed 10,000 km in ACP events. This award is called the Randonneur 10000. Awarded randonneurs receive the R-10000 medal and diploma. They are numbered from the beginning.
QUALIFYING EVENTS The qualifying events must be completed within a six year period, beginning on the date of the first qualifying event.
To qualify for this award, the randonneur must complete :
– 2 full series of ACP brevets (200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000 km) – Longer brevets cannot be substituted for shorter ones
– 1 PARIS-BREST-PARIS Randonneur
– Another 1200 km + event homologated by Les Randonneurs Mondiaux
– 1 FLECHE VELOCIO or National Arrow
The achieved mileage is used (i.e. if the team went further than the minimum qualifying distance of 360 km). At least 3 riders must finish the Flèche (you cannot individually claim for your ridden mileage if your team was not successful). International randonneurs can ride a Flèche Nationale homologated by the ACP and organized in accordance with the rules for the Flèche Vélocio.
– 1 SUPER RANDONNEE i.e. a permanent of 600 km and at least 10,000 m (32.800 ft) of climbing, homologated by the Audax Club Parisien, ridden in the Randonneur division.
No Brevet can be substituted for another.
The events used to apply for the Randonneur 5000 can be used to apply for the Randonneur 10000.
To bring the total distance up to at least 10,000 km, following ACP events are accepted :
– Brevets des Randonneurs Mondiaux (BRMs).
– 1200+ events homologated by Les Randonneurs Mondiaux. These 1200 km events cannot take the place of the ACP 1000 km brevet.
– Flèche Vélocio or Flèche Nationale.
– Super Randonnée.
– Flèche de France (ACP permanents), if they are ridden on one of the established routes and in the Gold or Silver division. The Flèche de Dieppe is not acceptable since it is shorter than 200 km.
For more information, click here to visit the official ACP website.